What sort of people join the society?
All sorts! Anyone who is interested in astronomy, at whatever level, is welcome. Some members have their own telescopes and know a lot about the sky; others just enjoy the amazing pictures. You do not need to have any background knowledge or equipment to participate fully in the life of the society.
Where we meet
The Eddington Astronomical Society meets once a month in Kendal, usually on the first Thursday of the month. We meet in Kendal museum, from 7pm till 9pm. Parking is available in the museum car park.
Meetings generally start with a News round-up, then a break for tea or coffee, followed by a lecture or presentation. Just turn up!
Membership costs £20 per year (£10 concessions for retired and Under 18 are free) and runs to the calendar year, so please pay your subs in January. You can hand your cash or cheque to the Treasurer at any monthly meeting.
As of January 2023, the EAS committee is as follows:
- Chairman – Mike Armstrong
- Secretary – Moira Greenhalgh
- Treasurer – Graham Inkersole
- Monthly Meetings Co-ordinator – Mike Armstrong
- Eddie Dealtry – Website
- For matters requiring the attention of either the Secretary or Treasurer, please contact the Chairman in the first instance
We have a new constitution