- From Saturday the 9th Jupiter, Venus and Saturn will be visible together above the south-eastern horizon for an hour before sunrise at 7:43am in Kendal, joined by the waning, crescent moon on Thursday 28th
- Mars and Uranus are visible in the evening this month – between Sunday 11th and Wednesday the 13th Mars passes above Uranus (magnitude 6)
- From Friday 22nd Mercury Mercury will be just above the western horizon just after sunset at 5:33pm in Kendal
Next Observing Evening
We need members to organise one or more Observing evening.
The next Proposed observing Evenings
- Thursday 28h February to Tuesday, March 12th
- Time: 7:00pm
- Place: Boundary Bank Lane car park
Watch here for updates as the weather conditions dictate when we can meet for an evening of observing.
The Traffic Light System:
- When the forecast looks feasible and an organiser is available the text here will give a proposed date and change from red to amber.
- On the proposed afternoon, if and when the observing session is confirmed (by 4:30PM), the text will confirm the time and change from amber to green.