- at dusk on the 5th April Mars lies on a straight line between the Hyades and Pleiades
- the Orion constellation is now setting shortly after the sun but Leo (the backwards question mark) is well placed high in the south from dusk containing a number of galaxies
the Ursa Major constellation (The Plough) is overhead above Leo again including many galaxies
Next Observing Evening
We need members to organise one or more Observing evening.
The next Proposed observing Evenings
- The third week in September
- Time: 8:00pm
- Place: Boundary Bank Lane car park
- When the forecast looks feasible and an organiser is available the text here will give a proposed date and change from red to amber.
- On the proposed afternoon, if and when the observing session is confirmed (by 4:30PM), the text will confirm the time and change from amber to green.